My Teaching Experience - Bishop Dunn

Reflecting on my teaching experience...

- Thursday, April 21, 2022 - 

Group 5

My co-teachers: 

Maddie Beale, Brianna Rivera, Kayleigh Maltais, Madison Reilly

 see you in class



For our lesson to teach the Bishop Dunn 4th graders, our topic was The California Gold Rush. I started the Google Slideshow with some basic facts and the introduction. Maddie Beale, Brianna, and myself, worked on the slides for the remainder of the time up until the day of our lesson on April 21st. The three of us communicated everyday to make sure our lesson was perfect. On April 19th, Dr. Smirnova met with our group and suggested some changes to our slideshow. The three of us divided the work to an even amount and each fixed the errors to ensure the students get the best out of our lesson. On the actual day of the lesson, I was in charge of sharing my screen on Google Meet. If I am being honest, I had a very negative experience while doing this. I could not see the students or my co-teachers when I shared my screen, I could not see when the PearDeck slides were being used, I could not figure out how to get the volume to. work when playing videos, and I could not even see myself to know if I was in the frame. Overall, I liked the lesson that Maddie B, Brianna, and I created but the difficulties with Google Meet made it very challenging for me to reflect on how the kids reacted as I could not see them. I would have loved to teach this lesson in person, it was great working with Maddie B and Brianna to create this lesson!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Co-Lab Reflection

Group 3 Reflection - Fieldwork